- The Mauritius flag Administration has issued Merchant Shipping Notice Ref. MSN-18 of 2020 providing instructions with regards to extension of Seafarers Certificates, Seafarers Employment Agreement (SEA), statutory surveys, audits, inspections etc as outlined below due to outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Administration has informed that in case the authorised RO is unable to attend the vessel to complete a survey or inspection leading to the endorsement or renewal of a relevant certificate, then after due authorisation a short-term certificate may be issued with validity of not more than 3 months from the date of expiration of the current certificate or the closure of the required window for the conduct of the required activity. It remains the responsibility of the Operator and the Master to ensure that the vessel is maintained and operated in accordance with the statutory requirements for the duration of the short-term certificate.
- On expiration of the short-term certificate, or earlier if circumstances permit, a survey or inspection, must be completed and a new certificate issued, aligned with the expiration date of the previous certificate.
- Annex 1 of the Merchant Shipping Notice No. 18 of 2020 provides clarification on queries raised in respect of seafarers’ certificates, ships’ surveys, further extensions and remote surveys.
- Ship owners/ operators and masters of Mauritius flagged ships are advised to be guided by above.
- Mauritius Merchant Shipping Notice Ref. 18 of 2020
- Master Declaration -MSN 18 of 2020 - Final
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.