- Reference is made to our Technical Circular No. 012 of 2020, dated 03rd March 2020 containing IMO Circular Letter No. 4203/Add.1 based on recommendations developed by the World Health Organization (WHO) and IMO Circular Letter No. 4204/Add.2 containing Joint Statement IMO-WHO on the Response to the COVID-19 Outbreak.
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO) has now issued Circular Letter No. 4204/Add.3 containing World Health Organization (WHO) guidance on "Operational considerations for managing COVID-19 cases/outbreak on board ships". Copy of IMO Circular Letter No. 4204/Add.3 is attached.
- Also attached is the IMO Circular Letter No. 4204/Add.4 containing Guidance for ship operators for the protection of the health of seafarers, prepared by the International Chamber of Shipping in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Ship Owners/ operators and Masters are advised to be guided by the attached Circular Letters and are urged to promulgate information to all interested parties and implement the measures to minimize risks to seafarers, passengers and others onboard and to prevent the spread of the virus.
- IMO Circular Letter No. 4204/Add.3, dated 02 March 2020
- IMO Circular Letter No. 4204/Add.4, dated 05 March 2020
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.