1. The Directorate General of Shipping, GOI vide Merchant Shipping Notice No. 15 of 2020, dated 20th November, 2020 has advised regarding development and enforcement of a CIP for RPS License holders.
2. The CIP will be conducted once every year and will replace the existing RPS inspection regime followed in India. CIP will be effective from 1st April, 2021.
3. Salient features of the program are as follows:
a. CIP comprises of three parts;
Part A – application for the CIP to be filled online by the RPS Company.
Part B - to be filled and mandatorily assessed by Recognised Organisation.
Part C - detailed inspection to be completed and submitted by Recognised organization online.
Only those RPS companies who qualify Part B will be eligible for CIP in Part C.
b. The performance of RPS companies will be graded as per detailed performance criteria (stated in Part C of CIP) developed by the Administration on various parameters.
c. The RO conducting the CIP is to be other than those who has conducted last RPS Inspection / CIP.
d. Every alternate CIP inspection is to be carried out with the participation of the DGS/ MMD Surveyors / DSEO.
e. The CIP of the existing RPS Companies is to be completed within 6 months period starting from 01st April 2021.
4. Further guidelines in respect of CIP will be provided by the Administration in due time.
5. All RPS Companies operating in India are advised to be guided by above.
This Technical Circular and the material contained in it is provided only for the purpose of supplying current information to the reader and not as an advice to be relied upon by any person. While we have taken utmost care to be as factual as possible, readers/ users are advised to verify the exact text and content of the Regulation from the original source/ issuing Authority.