We are a competent and reliable recognized organization [a member of International Association of Classification Society (IACS)], for efficient Service Supplier Approvals to firms providing services on behalf of the owner of the ship or offshore units.
With our worldwide network of Survey Stations, and with our commitment to fast processing time, we ensure that the process of Service Supplier Approval is handled effectively.
To ensure fast processing time, we have established a complete online system for making Service Supplier Approval request on our website: www.irclass.org. The request is processed online (with the supporting documents submitted by the Service Supplier) and an Audit is undertaken at the Service Supplier’s premises by our surveyor. On satisfactory completion of Audit (including the practical demonstration, in the case of initial Approval), the reports are submitted for review online, processed online at HO and a certificate is issued for a maximum period of three years.
The following are the categories for which IRS provides Service Supplier Approval:
- Firms engaged in thickness measurements on ships.
- Firms engaged in tightness testing of hatches with ultrasonic equipment.
- Firms carrying out in-water survey of ships and mobile offshore units.
- Firms engaged in the examination of Ro-Ro ships’ bow, stern, side and liner doors.
- Firms engaged in testing of coating systems in accordance with IMO Resolution MSC.215(82) and IACS UI SC223.
- Firms engaged in surveys and maintenance of fire extinguishing equipment and system.
- Firms engaged in servicing of inflatable life rafts, inflatable lifejackets, hydrostatic release units, Inflatable rescue-boats.
- Firms engaged in the servicing and testing of radio communication equipment and automatic identification system (AIS).
- Firms engaged in inspection and testing of centralized gas welding and cutting equipment.
- Firms engaged in surveys and maintenance of self contained breathing apparatus.
- Firms engaged in annual performance testing of Voyage Data Recorders (VDR)
- Firms engaged in surveys of low location lighting systems using photo luminescent materials
- Firms engaged in sound pressure level measurements of public address and general alarm systems.
- Firms engaged in testing of coating systems in accordance with IMO Resolution MSC.215 (82) and IACS UI SC223 and/or MSC.288(87).
- Firms engaged in inspection and testing of lifeboats, launching appliances and on-load release gear.
- Firms engaged in noise level measurements onboard ship